Superfoods have been around forever and are easy to come by. They are dense in nutrients, have high levels of vitamins and minerals, and boost overall health. The U.S. Department of Agriculture confirms that “people who consume more fresh fruits and veggies are less likely to struggle with chronic disease, there are ever more reasons to start eating some popular superfoods.”
We have compiled a list of the best superfoods in season for fall!
- Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable full of vitamins and minerals, omega 3′s and fiber. It also contains properties that combat cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Cranberries are rich in antioxidants. Not only do they compliment Thanksgiving dinner and other holiday fare, but they help fight against UTI’s, promote hearth health, and digestive health.
- Tumeric is a rich spice that can be sprinkled in fall’s savory soups or tea. It helps to ease pain caused by arthritis or other join issues due to its strong anti-inflammatory agents. It also can help ease heartburn and nausea.
- Apples are an all-around nutritious superfood and close runner up to berries in their antioxidant power. They help cholesterol, diabetes, and weight with their high fiber content. Don’t forget – most of the nutrients are in the apple peel!
- Walnuts are packed full of protein, fiber, vitamin E, folate, magnesium, and antioxidants, all of which contain countless health benefits and help you to maintain good heart health.
- Butternut squash are bright in color, which means they contain a high amount of carotenoids making them a superfood against cancer and promoting good eye and heart health.
Are you ready to jumpstart your health? Learn more about our Concierge Memberships by clicking HERE!